I sooo wish I had been able to offer these sooner, but I’ll be thrilled if they can still help any Spanish, French, German, or Latin teachers and their students!
The linked slides, images, and tutorials are intended to help you support students’ exposure to and comprehension of the target language while enjoying a visual environment based on places where the target language is used—whether you’re teaching online, face to face, or in a hybrid situation.
The materials are designed so that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel if you transition between teaching online and in person, or if you have to do both at the same time. Slides and images are ready to use as-is, but also easily adaptable to your purposes and preferences, as described in the tutorials.
The materials are priced so as to be a good deal even if you’re only interested in one of the major components of each set.
Whether or not you’re interested in the materials themselves, you may find the first video helpful—a free 17-minute overview of useful slide types and layouts for both virtual and face-to-face teaching, along with several of my pedagogical thoughts and pointers. You can access the video by clicking the clear “Free Preview” button near the top of any of the linked pages. (Note: Thinkific, the platform that hosts the materials, requires you to make an account even to access free materials.)
Four explanatory videos (combined runtime 56 minutes)
- Overview of the types of images, text, and slides included, why to use them, and some ways of using them with students.
- Tutorial within Powerpoint on how to edit pictures, text features, and layouts for optimal virtual backgrounds, shared slides, and face-to-face instruction.
- Further pointers on quickly adapting the included slides to your needs and preferences.
- Tutorial on exporting slides from Powerpoint as images, importing images to Zoom, going back and forth between Powerpoint and Google Slides, basic editing in Google Slides, and exporting slides from Google Slides.
Two Powerpoint files
- Non-language-specific photographic and graphic slides to use as backgrounds or however else you wish, as-is or edited.
- Language-specific photographic slides with and without text to use as virtual backgrounds, as screen-shared slides, or face-to-face. Text includes question-words, high-frequency verbs, common function words, rejoinders, and short poems.
Two folders of image files
These contain every slide in the above described Powerpoint files, converted to images so that you can easily use them as virtual backgrounds. (Note: Video 4 includes a demonstration of how to convert individual slides and entire slideshows to images, so that you can also easily make your own based on the included slides.)
Spanish | French | German | Latin
By the way, like everything at TeachHuman, this product is included in the Site-Wide Pass.
Coming September 21: Low-Prep Strategy of the Week
A video demonstration of a no-prep or low-prep world language strategy delivered to you every week, with additional variations, bonuses, and pro tips. Check it out!
Just magnificent backgrounds. Real time savers and I forgot to tell you how much I appreciate your instruction for both Mac and PC users!