Brando Brown Canem Vult is Justin Slocum Bailey's Latin adaptation of Carol Gaab's successful Spanish novella Brandon Brown Quiere un Perro. You can read the first two chapters and order the book here. A teacher's guide and full audiobook will be available for download soon.
Lina et Iason
A modern mystery in classical Latin!
This Indwelling Language exclusive is a fast-paced adventure in eleven one-page chapters.
Learn more and download Lina et Iason
For other texts especially useful to learners, see:
- The crowdsourced, editable spreadsheet of Latin texts for Extensive Reading by Intermediate+ Latinists
- The Latin Audio page, which includes downloadable texts or links to full texts of most of the recorded works
- Latin readers, plays, and dialogues compiled at the Vivarium Novum website
- Ellie Arnold's collection, Mille Noctes
- Pomegranate Beginnings Publishing
- Tres Columnae
Recommended resources about developing an effective Latin reading habit:
- Driving With Dido - How I Came To Read Latin Extensively - This article includes dozens of suggested texts and 50(!) tips for developing your reading fluency. (Click the title to download the article, or click here to read it on the blog.)
- The different benefits of Extensive and Intensive Reading
- Jason Slanga's Latin Reading Challenge
- "Why Your Reading Habit Works"
- "Don't Read, Reread!"
- "The Inescapable Case For Extensive Reading" (video below)
- "The Savvy Autodidact: How to choose and use texts and habits for building Latin fluency" (video below)