My keynotes and other talks all proceed from my core mission: "I want your joy to grow through what I do, say, and am." I create a talk specifically for each situation, but common themes include...
- the incredible potential of linking language-learning with the overall pursuit of well-being.
- justice and equity in language teaching practices, materials, and policies.
- the importance of meeting students where they are, and how to do so.
- practical principles for thriving joyfully as an educator.
- the far-reaching impact that teachers can have on the world through their students.
- my personal story of finding thrill and freedom in language-learning-and-teaching, in the midst of personal pain.
- the unique joy of pursuing language proficiency as a community of learners.
- creative explanations and applications of principles in Second Language Acquisition.
Hands-on workshops are an energizing way to for teachers to experience, understand, and practice new techniques and tasks.
Workshops are often customized for the goals and needs of the host, allowing for highly targeted training. You can find more info on popular topics and creating a custom workshop here.
I help publishers and software and app developers with creation, translation, editing, and evaluation of materials for language learners and teachers. I do this mostly for Spanish, Latin, German, French, and English materials, as well as non-language-specific resources.
I want language learners and teachers everywhere to thrive, and I want more people to become and remain language learners and teachers. To that end, I am happy to be interviewed, to write, or to communicate in any other way the joys of language and the ins and outs of teaching them.
I got to see things I can ACTUALLY use in my classroom! Learning how to create these tasks and texts step-by-step was huge.
I loved the interactivity with the teacher and other participants. Justin’s enthusiasm and sense of humor were amazing!
One of the most inspiring teachers, and humans, I've had the pleasure of knowing.
JSB is my new hero. I mean, I really enjoyed watching him work and hearing him speak. He's authentic, intelligent, sincere. The real deal.
The best professional development workshop I have ever attended.
Justin's ease with students is pure magic.
Whenever I face a pedagogical decision, however big or small, I ask myself, "What would Justin do?"
Holy gifted batman! Justin's command of a classroom is amazing. Not only did I understand and learn Latin as an observer, but I learned a great deal about classroom management as well.
The movement! The hacks for staying in flow... So needed!
Justin Slocum Bailey is the ultimate educator.
The kind of teacher/presenter I'd like to have a beer with.